God is the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords. I am His child. I am His daughter. That makes me a princess! Join me in a year of discovery as I search for what it means to be a princess - how to live as an heir of the most high. Learn with me, write with me, and become part of the process as I write my next book - Livin' Like A Princess - Claiming Our Birthright as Heirs to the King!


Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Privileges and Responsibilities


This is my fourth week of posting to this blog about my claim to be a "princess", and it has occurred to me that this endeavor is going to be quite challenging.  I don't mean challenging as in my new attempt at exercising:  I mean challenging as in I'm being hit in every area of my life to negate what I am trying to accomplish.
            I live in a fallen world, ready to disappoint me and tear me down.  (That's not a cynical view - normally I'm optimistic.  It's just fact.)
            This past week alone I have had two good friends disappoint me. I've had a few unpleasant conversations with my hubby, and my kids have treated me more than once like I was their servant.  We are, after all, only human.
            I am not pretty this week.  My new foundation made my face break out, and my bangs are so long I've taken to pinning them back with a bobby pin.  I've also had to deal with a few health issues and realized I didn't have the funds to visit both the doctor and the dentist, so had to choose.
            I also have my own grouchy self to deal with.
            But over the weekend I was also sobered by the fact that people need me.  A friend contacted me with a serious problem with her child.  Somebody else I know has a health concern and needs prayer.  My own family needs some of my time, my patience, and my compassion.
            Being a princess, I guess, not only comes with privileges; it comes with responsibilities.  While God promises me all sorts of things as His child, He also expects me to take what I've been given and do something with it.  I was put on this earth to help others.  We all were.
            From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.  Luke 12:48b
            So, I sit here, writing with a sigh, wondering if I can really live up to the claim I've laid. 
            I know it's true.  I know it's real.  But it's gonna be a lot of work.
            I've written out what I think our some of our privileges as an heir of God, and also some of our responsibilities, backed up by scripture. I'll try to give more details in my next blog post.
            I think I'll work on one each month.  Maybe we can work on them together? 

2 comments:

  1. So, I sit here, writing with a sigh, wondering if I can really live up to the claim I've laid.....

    You got it wrong...your'e not "claiming" it....God did! :) and YES, you can live up to it through Christ who strengthens you. I like this blog....I'm also discovering that I am a princess! Read psalm 45.... Also a great free bible online is called BIBLOS.COM. Great references and navigational ease! Bless you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reminder and encouragement! Psalm 45 is such a beautiful image - thank you for sharing that with me. God Bless you!

    ReplyDelete