God is the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords. I am His child. I am His daughter. That makes me a princess! Join me in a year of discovery as I search for what it means to be a princess - how to live as an heir of the most high. Learn with me, write with me, and become part of the process as I write my next book - Livin' Like A Princess - Claiming Our Birthright as Heirs to the King!


Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Carpe Diem!


            Has life been a little bit more challenging than usual lately?  It sure has for me.  But I've painted Carpe Diem on the wall in my living room, just above my front door.  Carpe Diem is Latin (a favorite literary term of mine!) and it means Seize The Day!
            This is the day the Lord has made - let us be glad and rejoice in it!!!
            Don't let negative thoughts get you down.  Don't let the rain and storms drown out your happiness.  If you were able to get out of bed this morning, thank the good Lord - He put the breath in your lungs!
            Today I will try to rejoice in the fact that I am healthy enough to stand and wash the dishes.   I will rejoice in the endless carpooling with the kids, because I have a working car and can drive.  I will be glad that I have dinner on the table tonight (even if I have to make it) and that my kids and husband are home with me to eat it.
            Don't let negative self-talk get you down.  Don't listen to any discouraging voices in your mind.  You are a daughter of the King.  You are a princess!!!
            Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. Ephesians 6:10-11

No comments:

Post a Comment