God is the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords. I am His child. I am His daughter. That makes me a princess! Join me in a year of discovery as I search for what it means to be a princess - how to live as an heir of the most high. Learn with me, write with me, and become part of the process as I write my next book - Livin' Like A Princess - Claiming Our Birthright as Heirs to the King!


Thursday, May 19, 2011

Seeking Wisdom

I think most of us struggle with our choices sometimes.  I know that for me, on my birthday last month, I looked at my life and wondered if I was where I should be.  I had dreamed of living on a horse farm, teaching writing at a university and writing novels.  My life hasn't led me there yet, and I'm halfway through.
            Have I made the right choices in my life?
            God, our Heavenly father, is the keeper of wisdom, and He gives it out to those who earnestly seek it. 
            If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.  James 1:5.
            That's a pretty amazing gift!  And, as princesses, one we should desire. 
            Solomon was the richest and wisest king in history.  Why?  Because God told him he'd give him anything he asked for.  Solomon asked for wisdom, and because of that, the rest of his life was blessed beyond measure.
            So whether you are struggling with major life choices, or just trying to check off your to-do list, take it before God first.  Ask Him what to do.  You may be surprised at how much more smoothly things turn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment