God is the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords. I am His child. I am His daughter. That makes me a princess! Join me in a year of discovery as I search for what it means to be a princess - how to live as an heir of the most high. Learn with me, write with me, and become part of the process as I write my next book - Livin' Like A Princess - Claiming Our Birthright as Heirs to the King!


Monday, October 15, 2012

Neighbors

   I am going to start a neighborhood Bible study. I've felt God calling me in that direction for quite awhile and what better time to begin than during the month of October when my Princess Project theme is sharing knowledge with others?  So I thought I'd start out by sharing what I know best: that God loves each and every one of us and has a special plan for our lives.
    This is way out of my comfort zone because I'm not social by nature.  I've lived in this neighborhood for 15 years and don't even know some of my neighbors' names.  But....God is asking me to try to get to know them better and tell them about Him.  So I have collected a bunch of "neighborhood Bible study" books (they are actually called that!) and am going to invite friends over for coffee and let them pick a book.  It'll be interesting to see what happens.
     I read about a woman who felt God calling her to go sing at a nursing home.  When she got ready to perform, only three women showed up. Two fell asleep. The third adjusted her hearing aid every time she began a new song and said loudly "Oh no! Does she have to sing another one?" But the singer was obedient to God's calling and that's what counts.
    It may just be me and the goldfish that first Bible study, but I find that when I listen to God's prompting, amazing things happen.  I'll keep you posted.
       Have you ever done anything outside of your comfort zone?  Tell me about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment