God is the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords. I am His child. I am His daughter. That makes me a princess! Join me in a year of discovery as I search for what it means to be a princess - how to live as an heir of the most high. Learn with me, write with me, and become part of the process as I write my next book - Livin' Like A Princess - Claiming Our Birthright as Heirs to the King!


Friday, February 17, 2012

Hidden Riches

I just finished reading "Unbroken."  Awesome book.  Very thought-provoking - at least it got me to thinking. Sometimes we ask for something that we think we really want, and God gives us something else - something better - instead.  But it may not look like it at the time.  Sometimes our hardships strengthen us and prepare us for an incredible future.  We just never know.  The apostle Paul says he learned to be content in all things.  Maybe he figured this nugget of wisdom out early in life.

2 comments:

  1. What is it about? I don't think I've ever heard of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Unbroken" is the true story of an Olympic hopeful in the 1940s who gets drafted for WWII, his plane crashes, he drifts on a life raft for days, then the Japanese get him....it's an incredible testament of human will and survival and has a wonderful ending.

    ReplyDelete