God is the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords. I am His child. I am His daughter. That makes me a princess! Join me in a year of discovery as I search for what it means to be a princess - how to live as an heir of the most high. Learn with me, write with me, and become part of the process as I write my next book - Livin' Like A Princess - Claiming Our Birthright as Heirs to the King!


Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Innate Wisdom


A bird has built a nest in our bathroom fan.   I hear momma bird go out and then come back in.  She gives a screech (which I think sounds a bit frightening) but then I hear little bird voices peeping excitedly, I assume for food.  This very noisy process continues for about 10 minutes, several times a day.
It occurs to me that God is generous with wisdom.  The bird knows how to take care of its babies.  The peonies on my front porch know when to open – and it’s interesting to watch the black ants eat away the green covering so the pink flowers can burst forth. 
We, too, have a deep, innate type of wisdom.  My body tells me when I’m hungry, it heals me when I am cut, and when I’m cold (like I was in the pool on Sunday) tiny little bumps form on my arms and hairs stand on end in an  attempt to keep me warm.
Amazing.  God has equipped us well.
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. - Matthew 6:33

No comments:

Post a Comment