God is the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords. I am His child. I am His daughter. That makes me a princess! Join me in a year of discovery as I search for what it means to be a princess - how to live as an heir of the most high. Learn with me, write with me, and become part of the process as I write my next book - Livin' Like A Princess - Claiming Our Birthright as Heirs to the King!


Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Wisdom is a Process


Wisdom.
It’s more than an accumulation of knowledge.  It’s an ongoing daily acquisition.
When I started writing my latest book A Kid at Heart I thought it would go quickly.  God had given me the title, the subject, and even most of the chapter titles!  My publisher told me she’d like it in six months to a year.  “No problem,” I said.  But God wanted to take me to a deeper understanding of Him first.  Last year was abysmally dark and for the first time I found myself afraid of God – and of what He would – and could – let happen.  Could I still trust Him then?  Could I run to Him as a Father and take refuge in Him? 
For while I couldn’t. Now, coming out the other side of that dark year, a bit battle-weary, it seems I can.   As a child, we not only have the privilege of coming to Him, but we have the responsibility of coming to Him.  Where else, after all, can we go?
Wisdom dictates Him as Lord.  There’s no other way – there’s no better way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment