God is the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords. I am His child. I am His daughter. That makes me a princess! Join me in a year of discovery as I search for what it means to be a princess - how to live as an heir of the most high. Learn with me, write with me, and become part of the process as I write my next book - Livin' Like A Princess - Claiming Our Birthright as Heirs to the King!


Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Princesses by Station, Humble by Grace

A lot could be said about not abusing our power in our roles, especially in light of this political campaign season.  We don't want to take for granted who we are, and Whose we are.  Because of the sacrificial death of Jesus, we entered into the Kingdom of God through a price.  This makes us children of God, but it should also humble us with the realization that we didn't get here by who we are. We got here only through grace.
       Sometimes it's hard to be humble, especially when we know we are right. :-)
      For Lent this year, I gave up being angry at my husband, which really boiled down to me not having to be right all the time - even when I was.  By keeping my mouth shut, and letting go of control issues, I saw some amazing positive changes in my marriage and the muscle tension in my neck. So, in light of this month's theme, "Not Abusing Our Power", I'm going to remember that I'm God's child and a princess by right, and don't have to prove it to anybody, so I will try to be humble, especially in what I say.  I will try to give up being right and rest on the promises of God, knowing that He is in control and it will all turn out okay in the end.
        It's gonna be a long month!

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: not of works, least any man should boast. – Ephesians 2:8-9

No comments:

Post a Comment