God is the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords. I am His child. I am His daughter. That makes me a princess! Join me in a year of discovery as I search for what it means to be a princess - how to live as an heir of the most high. Learn with me, write with me, and become part of the process as I write my next book - Livin' Like A Princess - Claiming Our Birthright as Heirs to the King!


Saturday, March 3, 2012

Uniquely You

When I was in middle school, I was given the assignment in health class to write a short essay about what I would want to change about myself.  I was quite happy with myself the way I was, and couldn't think of anything to write.  Even at that age, I realized the teacher's assignment was detrimental to our self-image.  I told her I was okay with my body the way it was and my friends should be too.
    "Really?"  she seemed shocked.  "You wouldn't make your  hips smaller, or change your hair color?  There has to be something you aren't happy with."
     She seemed angry.  And was she trying to tell me my hips were too big?
     I don't remember how I finished the assignment, but her words have stuck with me all these years.  Fortunately, I've realized that God created me the way He did for a reason.  He knew who I was before I was even in the womb.  I have had a fun time this year writing the chapter on beauty for the Princess book, and have discovered a lot of verses in the Bible about how awesome God thinks we are, just as He created us!  I wish I had been able to share these verses with my teacher back then!

No comments:

Post a Comment